ORDER LINE - 0800 001 180WE'RE OPEN 24/7
PRODUCT SUPPORT - SENSICA SENSILIGHT MINI
FIRST USE & INSTRUCTIONS
Before using Sensica sensiLight Mini for the first time, and for best results, please ensure you read the Owner’s Manual enclosed with the product or alternatively you can download it here.
We've also included a handy un-boxing video within this page to walk you though set-up and first use.
What is a Risk Free Trial?
The Risk-Free-Trial is an excellent option for people who want to try any Sensica product in the comfort of their own home, before they pay in full.
How long does delivery take?
Standard delivery time is 7-10 working days, however your agent will be able to give you a more refined delivery time when you contact them
What models are available in the sensiLight™ Mini range?
There are 2 models in the sensiLight™ Mini range. sensiLight™ Mini 50 can produce up to 50,000 flashes and sensiLight™ Mini 100 can produce up to 100,000 flashes, which means you’ll never have to worry about refill cartridges.
What operational modes does sensiLight™ Mini come with?
sensiLight™ Mini comes with two operational modes: automatic flashing mode for continuous treatment of larger areas of your body, such as lower legs, or trigger mode for focused treatment of smaller and hard-to reach areas like underarms, face and bikini line.
What is included with my Sensica sensiLight™
- The sensiLight™ Mini device
- A high capacity lamp providing up to 50,000 or 100,000 flashes depending on model you purchase
- Power supply
- User manual
Is sensiLight™ Mini suitable for men?
Yes, sensiLight™ Mini is suitable for men. However male body hair, especially coarse chest hair requires more sessions for effective results.
What are the product specifications?
- Time Between Flashes: 0.8-2 seconds
- Cord Type: Corded
- Voltage: 110/240 VAC
- Warranty: 2 Year Limited Warranty
- Lamp Size: 3 cm²
- Lamp Capacity: Up to 50,000 flashes or 10,000 flashes
- Energy Levels: 3 levels; up to 5 J/cm²
- Skin Contact Sensors: Yes
- Skin Tone Sensor: Yes
- Technology: Reactive Pulsed Light (RPL™)
How long before I see results?
- Based on the recommended treatment regime, you should expect to see some improvement in 3-4 weeks (1-2 treatments)
- Hair will continue to grow up to 2 weeks after a hair reduction session – thereafter the hairs will naturally and gradually fall out depending on the hair growth stage
- The number of sessions required for achieving long term results is different for every treatment area and changes for every user, as it is affected by type of skin, hair and hormonal changes.
- Maintenance will be needed from time to time if growth is still visible.
What is the hair growth cycle and how is relevant to permanent hair reduction?
Hair growth cycle involves three phases: Anagen, Catagen, and Telogen. Anagen is the growth phase, while Catagen and Telogen are the resting phases. Permanent hair reduction can only occur during the Anagen phase.
Hair will continue to grow, up to two weeks after a hair reduction session. However, afterwards, as the hair grows in three different stages, it will naturally and gradually fall out depending on the hair growth stage in during which the treatment was performed.
Some hair may not be affected by sensiLight™ Mini due to the different hair growth phases. Only hairs in the active growth phase will be affected. To remove this hair, multiple treatment sessions are required to achieve the desired results.
When should sensiLight™ not be used?
Do not use sensiLight™if you are:
- suffering epilepsy
- being treated for cancer
- taking photo-sensitive drugs
- useing active implants such as a pacemaker, insulin pumps, or similar devices since it may cause interference
Avoid the following:
- Never look directly at the light coming from sensiLight™ Mini treatment window as it may cause eye injury
- Do not use on naturally dark skin (refer Fitzpatrick level guide)
- Do not use if you have dark brown or black spots such as freckles, birth marks, around the nipples, moles or blisters in the area to be treated
- Do no use if you have piercing or any metal items such as earrings or jewellery on the are to be treated as it many cause burns
- Do not use if you have tattoos or permanent makeup on the area to be treated
- Do not use on tanned skin or after sun exposure & avoid sun exposure for 4 weeks before treatment
Why is RPL™ technology more advanced?
Older technology such as IPL requires numerous pulses of light as well as regular pausing while treating a specific area, which means hair removal takes longer, is uncomfortable and doesn’t give you long lasting results. But thanks to RPL™’s unique sensors, skin continuously reacts…with every single pulse. So you’re sure to get a safer treatment and a more effective way to removed unwanted hair on your body.
What areas of my body can I use sensiLight™ on?
sensiLight™ Mini can be used on legs, arms, underarms, and back and chest for men. You can even use on even the most sensitive bikini line or the delicate skin of your face and neck.
How long after treatment can you go into the sun?
You can go into the sun immediately after. However, one should avoid tanning/ uncontrolled sun exposure for 2 weeks after the device usage (and 4 weeks before).
Can I return if I change my mind?
Your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you're not 100% satisfied with the results within our money back guarantee period -simply contact our Customer Service Department for a Return Merchandise Authorization number. Then return it, including any accessories, in its original condition and packaging, and receive a full refund of the product purchase price.
Please refer to your manual for a full instruction guide on how to set up, prepare and use your Sensica device.
Make sure to turn off and unplug unit before cleaning.
• It is recommended to clean the treatment window after every session by using a dry, clean cloth to gently wipe the device.
• Keep sensiLight™ dry. Never place, store or use sensiLight™ near bathtubs, showers, basins or other vessels containing water as this may cause severe electrocution.
• If you do not plan on using your sensiLight™ for a long period of time, it is recommended to keep it clean and stored.
• If you plan to travel and take your sensiLight™ with you, you should store it in the original box and follow the storage instructions.
If you experience any problems with sensiLight™, please refer to below information to try to resolve it.
If sensiLight™ does not turn on:
- Make sure that the power supply is plugged properly into sensiLight™ device and the electrical outlet.
- Make sure that the power outlet has power.
If sensiLight™ does not trigger a pulse:
- Verify there is full contact with the skin. The trigger button will activate a flash pulse only when the device is in full contact with the skin.
- Verify that the area you are trying to treat is not too small, curved or bony to treat. You should get the whole treatment window to touch the treatment area (try to pull the skin flat).
- If the skin color level identified by sensiLight™ is too dark, the flash activation will be blocked.
- In case of safety issue or when the lamp has reached its end, a steady red light will come on. The device will shut down.
- In case of dirt or debris is stuck on the treatment window, you should clean the treatment window according to the cleaning section. If you can’t get the area clean, contact our customer service.
- In case of delay in pulse readiness, you should consider working on cooler
environment. The device may pulse at a slower rate in a warm environment.
- In case of a general error, reset the device – unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet on the wall, wait 10 sec and then reconnect it.
- If you still have problems with your device, please contact our customer service.
Sensica sensiLight Mini 50 is covered by a 1 year product warranty.